Dan Number 312. A student of Jeong Suk Kim (Dan # 158), Grandmaster Kim began training in Dangsudo in 1951. In 1956 he began teaching and has been dedicated to the growth of the art ever since.
He was instructor of the Korean military army brigade at Osan, Korea in 1957 and later founded the Dangsudo School at the US Air Force base, Osan, Korea in March of 1958.
On January 31, 1960 he founded the Dangsudo Regional headquarters at Kyoung Ki province of Korea.
Over a thousand of his former students have gone on to become high ranking Masters and Grandmasters around the world. Among those are Grandmaster Mariano Estioko, the second American to ever receive a Black Belt in Dangsudo (Tang Soo Do) and founder of the Western Pacific Tang Soo Do Association, and Grandmaster Chun Sik (C.S.) Kim, founder of the International Tang Soo Do Federation. To see a family tree of Master Instructors that came from Song Ki Kim, CLICK HERE.
- He is the founder and president of the World Dang Soo Do Union.
- He has dedicated his life to the teaching of the traditional Korean Martial Art of Tang Soo Do.
- He has over 60 years experience of Dangsudo. (Dan #312)
- He started teaching in 1956.
- He was an Instructor of the Korean military army brigade at Osan, Korea in 1957.
- He founded the Dangsudo School at Osan US Air Force base(K-55) in Korea in March 1958.
- He founded the Dangsudo Regional headquarters at Kyoung Ki province of Korea in January 31, 1960.
- Over a thousand of his former students have become top Masters and Grand Masters around the world.
- He is currently the World Dang Soo Do Union President.